Saturday, August 23, 2008

Back to School

It's that time of year again! We teachers are headed back to school with mixed emotions. I am looking forward to the new beginning that a new school year brings. I am looking forward to getting to know the children that God has placed in my classroom this year. I'm looking forward to the new boxes of crayons they'll bring to school; new backpacks they'll carry; and new uniforms they'll wear for the new year.

However, it is also a time of year that brings me down a little. It's not the sleeping late or the staying up late that I'm mourning, but rather the time with my family that I'll miss. I enjoy being with Emma Leigh and Bryan every day! Yes, we occasionally need a break from one another, but we like doing things together. I enjoy listening to Emma Leigh tell stories that she makes up, and I enjoy watching her and Bryan play together.

When school starts, it seems that we are in such a rush to just do the necessary things that we don't have time for the "togetherness." I'm praying that I won't get bogged down with the things that consume my time and take away from my family. I'm praying that I will take the time to enjoy Emma Leigh's laugh at bedtime instead of rush, rush, rushing to get her in bed.

This school year is new, and I want to be new too!

2 comments:

Our Life Together said...

I can't wait to come and visit you guys at school. Let me know when a good time will be! I figured I would wait until the beginning of the school year craziness has settled a little.

Hayley said...

We'd love to see you, Nichole! And of course we'd like to see little Luke too!