Saturday, October 18, 2008

Home

We've all heard it said that "home is where the heart is." I would like to officially change the old saying to "home is where the heart is loved." I've had a really rough week this week, and it's made me question who I am and what I am. I'm really evaluating things in my life.

Last night I had this amazing moment with my wonderful husband and beautiful daughter. We were eating a late dinner out, and Em asked her Daddy where his girls were. We were both a little confused about who she meant, and then my sweet husband said, "They're right here--Mommy and you." That may not seem like a big deal to some, but coming from my strong, silent-type husband, it meant the world! And then the look that my precious Em gave her Daddy was priceless.

At that moment I felt so loved. I felt appreciated. I felt the unconditional love of my husband and daughter. And I needed that! Thank you Lord for the precious family you have blessed me with.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a Beautiful, precious, sweet, loving, Christian woman, wife, and mother! You are everything to God! I look forward to seeing your smiling face every time I go to church.

OK you were allowed that ONE moment to question yourself BUT "DON'T DO IT AGAIN"

I love you Hayley!

Juli said...

What a sweet moment! And God always knows exactly when we need those, doesn't He? Amazing! I hope your week starts looking up!