Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas Everday

It's hard to believe that Christmas has come and gone! Emma Leigh began asking as we drove to my in-law's on Christmas day before noon, "Is Christmas over?" Sadly, I responded, "After tonight it will be." But then I felt a child-like pang in my heart. Why does it have to be over? Even as an adult I want the magic and celebration to last forever.

My greatest joy at Christmas comes from giving. I'm not saying that to sound pious, but I trully LOVE giving to family, friends, and even those who don't know who their gifts are from. I love seeing someone's eyes light up when they open a gift that they've really been wanting. I love hearing my cutie pie neice say, "Oh! It's what I've always wanted!" I loved this Christmas hearing the excitement in Em's voice as we opened the bedroom door into the living room to see what Santa brought her. So I too felt a little sad that Christmas would be coming to an end soon.


And then it hit me. The gift of Christmas isn't over! Christmas is a beginning! We've just celebrated the birth of a Savior; our Messiah; the Promised One; EMMANUEL! His presence is with us everyday. We may not have the house decorated with gingerbread houses, angels, and all the Christmas trim for very long, but we do have Jesus in our hearts. He IS with us!

Bryan sings a song called Christmas Everyday that was his grandmother's favorite. It reminds us not to put away Jesus when we put away all the Christmas trim. Lord, help us to remember that it can be Christmas everyday.

1 comment:

Our Life Together said...

What a good way to put it...you are so right! Celebrate his birth everyday.