Sunday, January 25, 2009

Precious Life

I haven't posted in a while because I haven't felt inspired with any profound messages. As I contemplated this on the way home from church tonight, I felt like I should probably share something about the Sanctity of Human Life.

When most of us think of preserving life, our minds immediately go to images like the one above. We think of unborn children who are aborted everyday in our country. I was thrilled to find this quote by then-President George Bush released by the White House last Sunday.
All human life is a gift from our Creator that is sacred, unique, and worthy of protection. On National Sanctity of Human Life Day, our country recognizes that each person, including every person waiting to be born, has a special place and purpose in this world. We also underscore our dedication to heeding this message of conscience by speaking up for the weak and voiceless among us.

I had the amazing privilege of hearing Lysa TerKeurst from Proverbs 31 Ministries last Thursday night, and she spoke on what happens when women say, "Yes," to God. She shared about her experience adopting two orphaned boys from Liberia who'd survived the civil war there where entire families had been slaughtered. I realized too that things like this take place all over the world every day, and we are so oblivious to it! God really opened my eyes to a whole different perspective. Lives in Liberia are just as valuable as those unborn babies that are being aborted here in the U.S. each day.

I'm so thankful that God has allowed me to be a part of adoption. I love hearing adoption stories, and I can't wait to meet the new little one that He has for me and my family!


3 comments:

Keana said...

I love them too... and I love hearing yours! You have a special story and you are so good to share it freely. Isn't it amazing that God can see everything that will happen and knows exactly who they need, but also exactly who WE need. He is indeed good.

Denise said...

Amazing blog!!

Ayeisha does look a TON like Wayne Brady!!

We've met before... I'm a member at Northside. A friend of Jerry and Joley.

Joley said...

For the past few years I have looked at Ms. Emma Leigh and been amazed at how God has blessed your life with her. Every crumb of your adoption story has inspired and comforted us throughout our adoption journey! Isn't neat to know that you can inspire people just by living your life? Did you realize what a blessing your life would be to so many others? I can't wait to meet your new one either!!